Thursday, March 10, 2011

All Grown Up

   I sit here today trying to write my first ever blog. I have been wanting to do something like this for a while and honestly am just not technologically savy enough to figure it out until now. I plan on being honest, not only about my past, but about everyday life. My grammar may not always be perfect, my language on days may not be proper, and frankly I may be touching on some taboo topics, such is life.
  Before I dive in let me explain a little about myself and where all this is coming from.
  I am 24, I am married and I have 2 children. My son James (JT) is 19 months. My daughter Ellie is 2 months. I have a dog (more along the lines of a pain in the butt rat) named Cookie and an even larger pain in the rear cat named Peaches. I am a stay at home mom. The last time I had a job I was 22 and 7 months pregnant with my son. My husband, Ian is great. He works hard so that I can stay home with the kids, and in addition to his everyday job we have a side business.
   I feel like I woke up one day and adulthood had smacked me in the face... HARD. I remember my dad telling me a lot that I should stop trying to grow up so fast. Apparently I was totally boy crazy and although I hardly got in trouble I wanted more responsibility and privileges than I needed at my age. Sometime during the normal fights between a teenage girl and her parents I actually grew up. All of a sudden I am a mom, I have pets, bills, cars and a house to care for.
  I remember listening to the stories about having children, I clearly remember all the horrible details of sex ed (mainly the gross stuff that they tell teenagers to convince them abstenence is the way to go) I remember watching the videos of child birth, I remember the talks about bills and responsibilities and my older cousins telling me that growing up is not all it's cracked up to be. Somehow through all of this I still maintained my want for the traditional family, which I did NOT have growing up.) I also still wanted lots and lots of babies (preferably 3 hell raising boys who would tear up my furniture and make me rip my hair out---- Sorry Ellie)
  Though I clearly remember all of that stuff, I am pretty sure there are lots of things that I was NOT told. This blog is sort of a way to explore those subjects and for those of you who don't have children, let you know that the parents who glorify the experience... well they are full of shit. Here is my version of reality. I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Great start! I just started a blog too but I still can't bring myself to post it on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while... lol, but I figured I am writing for a reason, might as well share it and get it over with.

    ReplyDelete