Monday, February 6, 2012

Home buying ( a.k.a my meltdown)

 Ever have one of those days where everything is a HUGE deal. The dishwasher was not loaded properly. Meltdown. The pants you wanted to wear are not quite dry.. Scream to the top of your lungs in frustration. The kids are being whiny. You join them.


  This is what is known around my house as "Stacey needs a nap"


 Generally around this time, my loving wonderful husband (these adjectives are not the same ones I use on those days) tells me to go lay down because I am getting on his nerves and obviously need some time to myself. Yesterday was one of those days. Add to all the rest... for once in my life my body decided to be normal (has to be all the vitamins I have been taking) and my friend came to town. It's more of a frenemy situation this month... Hello bloating and irritability, thanks for joining my blurred vision leftover from my eye infection, and the tension headache I have from worrying about buying a house in time for us to be out before our lease runs up.
  Which brings me to the whole point of this blog. We are searching for a house. (YAY!!!) there is hardly anything on the market that meets our search criteria (BOOO!!) Now I am fully aware that I am being slightly on the picky side .. which is totally ok for me to say, but not so much when it comes from Ian's mouth.  I stand firm that the house has to be at least 2 levels. Our price range seems to attract lots of ramblers, which can look really nice, but it's not what I want. I am willing to settle with 3 rooms, but I would prefer 4. It has to have at least an area for the kids toys, I want an adult living room... one where I don't step on legos and baby dolls everytime I try to get off the couch.
 Up until here Ian and I really have no qualms. I mean he does not particularly care how many levels the house is, but is ok with my preference. We disagree on yards. We are currently looking at a house that has a creek running through the back yard. ...


  A creek. who has a creek in their yard?!


  Ian loves it. Me? Not so much. I want a yard that the kids can play in, a place where the dog can run and I can enjoy company. He wants this creek "so the kids can jump in it and play in the summer."


  Insert over tired, over hormonal, sore as crap from trutching through the forest with my dad and uncle (ok it really was not that bad, I totally plan on going again next week.. mainly because it made me realize how out of shape I am, and because they don't think I can do it.. but seriously could barely lift my legs afterwards...) and 3 hours of sleep- MELT....DOWN....
  My poor husband comes out of the bathroom to me sobbing on the couch incoherently about how I want a house, how everything I like he hates and I don't want a creek in my yard. Something about the hoarders who currently own the house going on the show, no seriously they should. I just want one day to myself, where I can sleep and not have to worry about stupid house hunting and cleaning (kitchen and downstairs at this point were RIDICULOUS) and then I get mad at him for trying to calm me down. As he stares at me.. most likely wondering what on earth I am saying, how that much snot scmes from my face when I cry, and what on earth he did this time that I am so pissed off at... I break down even further and send myself to bed.
   An hour and half later when he wakes me up so that he can leave, I look at him and tell him to call my dad and put a bid on the house..Having a creek really is not the end of the world, and after all, he likes it, It would be our house.. which means it does not come with the whole Lowes collection of lawn ornaments that is there now, and it has plenty of space for us and then some..
I can paint, I can upgrade, I can rip out the ugly tree in the front yard if I want to. Because whatever house we buy, whether it's this one or another, will be OUR house. not somebody else's. And that's what I really want.
   Sometimes our emotions get the best of us, they cloud our judgement and make us say and do things we wish we hadn't. Sometimes we just need a nap to get back to reality. Sometimes we just need our kids to take one.. thats a whole different story though.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment