Saturday, September 22, 2012

my Football rant.

   With the onset of Football Season I have felt a growing sense of detest for television. I am normally a TV junkie, having to tear myself away from a series marathon like an Atkins Dieter from a fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, a beer and doughnuts for desert. With that being said, and all of you knowing that Fall is my favorite season, (in addition to the beauty it also is the time of year for returning series) I have been avoiding evening and weekend television at all costs, making excuses to myself and secretly bribing myself with the idea of fast forwarding through the commercials and being able to watch the next episode immediately after rather than having to wait an ENTIRE week. 
   Football is taking over!!  It's miserable. I mean honestly boys..  how much longer can you drag this out?? There is preseason and drafts and training and post season and post game shows and SuperBowl and College level.. What happened to good ole' fashioned Sunday Football..  WHY MUST YOU TAKE OVER MY WHOLE WEEK?!?!
   Admittedly I watch trash TV. . . I do not watch reality TV as it bores me and I have no interest in the Kardashians, or Teen Moms, or whatever celebrity got married and thinks that their new marriage is so interesting that it warrants an audience. I do however watch The Secret Life, Pretty Little Liars, Drop Dead Diva, Hart of Dixie, Law and Order; SVU and a few others. And while they often have horrible acting, poor plot lines and set unrealistic expectations, they only last a maximum of 12 weeks, normally with a week in there off, and they are at most an hour a week (unless SVU has a marathon in which case I conveniently have a headache so bad that I can't get anything done that day short of laying on the couch. . . SHHH  it's a secret..
   I think that each year football season gets even worse. I mean guys ( and ladies, I am not ignorant to the fact that plenty of woman like football.. a few of you ladies are my family.. I mean no offense to you.. get it offense.. aha hahaha ) could you imagine if your wives spent hours a week unable to attend to their duties as mothers or housekeepers or errand running or the gym because she was sucked into watching HGTV, or some teen drama? And absolutely could not pause it or record it because like, then everyone else would already know what happened... like O.. M.. G..  don't you get it?!?! (please re-read that sentence with a 90's cheerleader voice.. it makes it so much better... and stop laughing at yourself if you didn't require the instructions to do so.)
   To Primetime TV producers, not everyone in America enjoys watching overpaid men run into each other repeatedly and throw stuff at each other. . please stop making me wait 3 weeks to find out what happens on my favorite shows. . for instance the FINAL episode of Desperate Housewives last year, which for those of you who are non DH fans..  the 2 part finale got separated for almost a month... a MONTH because of March Madness..  which is a WHOLE other ballgame of a post... ( I really honestly  DO laugh at my ridiculous puns in case you cared)
   And now that it is Saturday night, and I am posting this with Football in the background ( LSU v. Auburn just to prove it to those who do not believe me) I am off to convince my husband its date night, and that the announcers can't in fact hear him and offer to bake tomorrow in exchange for popping in a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment