Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ellie's first mess

   I was sitting on the couch yesterday.. bored out of my mind since the cable was out.. talking on the phone to my mom, avoiding all of my daily household responsibilities. Granted this is no different from about half of my time at home..  I am attempting to work on that but as I stated to Ian earlier... Cleaning is BORING!
 The kids are playing in the living room. Ellie jumping in her new super cute Jumperoo.. ( which I searched for for months because it had to match the high chair, bouncy seat, stroller, swing etc. that I already had in the same pattern.) and JT running around pretending to shoot her. This like I said is a normal average day in my house.. picture a pile of clothes on the couch, unfolded of course, dishes in the sink..  not that I dislike doing dishes.. my problem there is the putting away of the dishes.  If I could get rid of any one chore that is what it would be... but that is a whole other blog. Toys spread from front door to back and the vacuum sitting in the middle of the floor... again.. I think I just have an issue putting things away. I dont mind the dusting vacuuming wiping down part nearly as much, and me...  still in my workout clothes from hours before.
   I look over at Ellie (background noise obviously not the tv but instead JT screaming BOOM BOOM BOOM) and she has the biggest grin on her face. I start talking to her and she keeps smiling.

   Fast forward about 3 minutes .I look back over at Ellie and she is still smiling.

::Moving at thoughts speed now:: Wow she is one heck of a happy baby today. Guess her belly is not hurting anymore. Hopefully she stays happy because I am not in the mood to deal with a crank ass today. ::

   It is then that I realize WHY Ellie is so stinkin' happy.. and I do mean stinkin'.
   She had pooped. But we are not talking normal baby poop, we are talking the kind that runs. As in all the way down her leg, and in a huge nasty pile on my carpet, that she is now jumping in, still happy as can be.

   I jump off the phone with my mom, and honestly just stare for a few seconds.. Of course the next logical thing to do would have been to start cleaning it up, remove her... something.. but that is when I lost it....With JT staring at me like I am a moron.
  I could not stop laughing. Nor could I figure out exactly how to remove her from the jumperoo without making the situation worse. I finally was able to pull it together, figure I had to wash the seat anyways, pull her out lay her on a towel and remove the clothes.. not that easy of a task since she was trying to pull on them and take them from me.
   I then hosed her off with some anti-bacterial soap in the bathroom sink, and went to scrubbing the floors. The stain is still there today, at least it does not smell... and the cable guy did not ask about it.


 Guess it's time to steam clean again.. YIPEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment