Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Clarity

I will start off saying this... 
      
            I am aware that not everyone believes in a higher being. I know that even among those who do, that there is way too much that varies between believers to cover in any blog..  Again though, this is a blog about me...  so, keep in mind that I am not trying to pursuade anyone to believe as I do. I respect everyones beliefs, and only ask that you do the same for me.

   I have spent a good portion of my life not really sure what I believe. I mean.. It takes a large leap of faith for anyone to believe in something that you can not see. But then again we believe in air and we can not see that. I guess that is besides the point.
   Do I believe that there is a God? That everyone goes to either Heaven or Hell? That we go nowhere? That we are supposed to follow the Bible word for word, or use it as a general guide?  There are alot of questions that I have always had, but I guess I have always believed that there is SOME higher being. If that is Allah, or Zues or God or are they all really the same just in different forms? 
  I like to believe that there is a God, and that he is watching over us and that in one way or another there is somewhere we go after this life. I guess it provides me with comfort to believe that way. Otherwise my life is filled with negativity and doubt. What point is there to life if there is no place to go after this?

   I have recently had a lot of my faith questions answered. I am doing my best to sort out the mess that I have made of religion in my head and to live the way that I think I am supposed to. I will not sit here and tell everyone exactly what I believe, why I believe that way, and how to live your lives, how to think etc. I will simply end with this...



             Tolerance. Nobody is ever going to see things EXACTLY the way that you do. People will always, always have a difference in opinions on something. sometimes it may be slightly different, sometimes vastly different. Does that mean that we should wage war on each others beliefs and inner workings?  I don't think we should. then again that is my OPINION....and if there is one thing that I will not allow anyone to say to me it's that my opinion is wrong. because just like feelings... they can not be wrong.
   Next time you voice your opinion though.. remember.. EVERYONE has one, not just you, and I was taught in Kindergarten to treat others as I wish to be treated.. I know I sure don't want someone else telling me what to think, what to say.. That's why I live in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment