Monday, May 6, 2013

overdue unexciting news

   Wow. Ladies and Gentlemen I am sorry that it has taken me several weeks to get around to posting.. I guess a general update is in order.
  
   Well... I am still pregnant. Should be obvious since there have been no Facebook status updates to inform you otherwise, however... you would be surprised by how many times I get asked that question in a day. I promise you it is not for lack of trying, as I have done just about everything suggested to speed this process up... except that whole black cohosh/ castor oil idea.. My body is sore and tired enough I really don't have any interest in puking my guts out at this point... or expelling them in another manner either.
   Aside from the general anxiety I get every single time I think abut giving birth, and the jittery feeling I get when I realize I could be meeting my little guy any day pregnancy is honestly not that bad.

          I will allow that to sink in. I feel it's fair to give a moment after making a statement like that.
 
   I mean don't get me wrong... I am finished. I am ready to meet him, to be able to roll over on my own and take unsupervised baths. I DO NOT want to be induced and therefore am attempting to evict my stomachs inhabitant at any moment. Other than that I am still content. There are aches and pains, but I feel like those are part of the territory and never really went away after getting knocked up the first time. I still enjoy the movement inside of me. I still like knowing he is safe and sound in there, and can move around with a great deal of ease ( as long as I am in an upright position). True, it feels like somebody walked up and kneed me square in the pubic bone, but I can eat, I can breathe I am not swollen or in any sort of immense discomfort, and honestly once he comes out I have to adjust to managing to keep alive 3 children instead of 2.
   You would think that anxiety would be null and void since I have already done this 2 times, but seriously have any of you met Ellie??? She is like hell on wheels rolled into cute chubby legs and cheeks and a deceiving smile. Don't believe me? Spend the day with her. She can only fool you for a few hours, after that its all true colors and attitude. But she is adorable.. and FUNNY, and a nudist.
   My grandma informed me its a family trait... and her stubborn attitude and nudity are stemmed from me giving her the middle name Lorraine. I was surprised.. I thought it was more of a Linkenhoker thing. If not I will be relieved as long as it is not also attached to the Everett name.
   Other than pregnancy, there has been little going on in my house. Lots of me freaking out that the house is not spotless, gotta love nesting, and yard work. I am truly excited that my yard is finally getting around to being usable and presentable. At the moment there are 2 huge dirt piles in the front yard with roots sticking out of them, but that is what happens when you have stumps removed. The garden is starting to come together, the kids have room to play with their toys without stepping in dog poop or tripping on sticks. There is no longer a pile of leaves the size of China in my back yard, and for the most part the random piles of yard debris have been cleared out as well. I trimmed the azalea bushes so they are all nice and pretty, and I rid the front of a dead ugly bush by the mailbox. I even planted some day lillie's and plan to transplant some iris' to the area to spruce up the curb appeal.
   My roses are about to start blooming and my daddy gave me some ornamental grass that I am super excited about. Ian even keeps the yard cut.... WHAT?!? It's pretty awesome! Now when I stare at the front of my house from across the street.. Ok look I spend a good amount of time discussing gardening and lawns with my neighbor. I can't believe I am old enough to say that. Anyways.. back on topic.. Now when I stare at my house from her bay window I focus on replacing the blinds from the cheap $3 walmart ones to the faux wood blinds with the 2 inch slats. I would love to have the real wood ones, but lets me honest, I have an 80 lb dog who likes to look out the window and bark at random passers by.. I don't want to spend $60 every time she decided to act like a jackass.
   There is still some work to do in the yard, and that will come with time. If anyone is in need of taking out some anger though I have a whole area you can come chop down and dig out. . . No... Seriously. I have plans. =D
   The kids are doing great. Ellie officially weighs more than JT, still a few inches to go to beat him there though. They are both very excited about Porter and have some very unusual topics of conversation that I will be addressing in the next blog. The animals are good, Reha has actually started listening a lot better and I can leave her out when company is here. If we are out in the yard she will still escape to come see us but there have only been 2 or 3 instances of her taking off down the street in the last 6 months or so. All of which involved a cat. I can't decide if she likes them or hates them.. she barks viciously and non stop at them, but she wags her tail the whole time. I don't think she would ever hurt one, but I am not sure what she thinks they should do in response to her... What can I say? It's Reha.
   Ian had a very uneventful birthday. He turned 29, and came home after working all day to the kids screaming, me crying and a cake without candles. The kids took turns singing to him and opted for cake rather than dinner.. Ian's birthday... Ian's executive decision. We had chinese. He did take JT to see the new Iron Man movie. They both seemed to enjoy it.

   Other than that folks I can not think of much to say. OH Except I bought a new mop.. It is just like a swiffer but with a re-usable cleaning pad and the cleaner container is refillable with whatever cleaner you like to use.. I was stoked. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment