Friday, June 21, 2013

my addiction, and a bit of delusion

   I have never really thought of myself as having an addictive personality, although several members of my family I would probably say otherwise. I was able to quit smoking with little fuss, although the cravings are occasionally still there. Apparently that is pretty normal of previous smokers.  I have never had a drinking problem, even though for a while there I was going out frequently with friends, I was able to control how much I drank each time and sadly watched a few of my friends struggle with that composure. Both of these are things that a lot of people struggle with greatly.
  But along came Pinterest and Netflix and I am slowly reevaluating my views of myself. I mean who does not find Pinterest amazing? There is always something new, and always something that you can use (even if its the posts of how to use things you will hardly ever need to use in different ways, also for things that will hardly ever happen.. BUT in case one of those rare situations comes up, I will have the answer and that's all that really matters, even if it involves me sifting through a board on Pinterest for 30 minutes to find it.) I have used it for decorating my home, learning how to make awesome wreaths, organizing ideas - who else would have told me to stuff a bean bag cover with all those stuffed animals I can't justify getting rid of for the kids? They wanted a bean bag chair anyways, and now if it pops I wont have stupid beans everywhere, and I freed up a whole bin of toys without having to get rid of them. BAM! ( remember that hoarding post? Yeah.. Its still an issue.. don't  judge me.
   I get really irritated with people who post all of their Pinterest pins to Facebook. If you are one of those people.. I still love you but dangit.. STOP. I can't find out what my friends are doing when I have to sift through your 5 million recipes. You only need it in one place... How am I supposed to Facebook stalk my high school friends when I am distracted by your cookies??
   Speaking of Cookies though.. I have a new recipe that I want to try. And I have recently been visiting the food boards, as anyone who follows me on Pinterest would know. Tried some really awesome sandwich wraps in case you care.
   I have also been struggling with pulling myself away from a series on Netflix. I am seriously behind on the bandwagon, but since a lot of my shows just ended ( I know I am too old to care but seriously? I have watched 5 seasons of The Secret Life for them to NOT end up together... That's just plain dumb. You are ruining peoples belief in love and commitment. He changed for you Amy, and what do you do? You leave. I take back 5 years of liking you!!) I finally broke down and started watching The Vampire Diaries. I started 2 weeks ago today and I am half way through season 3. Having children kind of hinders my ability to just sit and watch the way I would like and I try to tell myself that showering and running errands actually need to happen. Sometimes Elena and Stephan win though.. I mean... you can't stop watching when they leave you hanging like that!! OK, so it's cutting into my sleep some.
   A few months ago it was Private Practice. So much drama!! So many tears. Ian laughed at my personal investment in fictional characters lives. It's somewhat of an issue, it's also why I enjoy reading series. I hate getting absorbed in a book just for it to be over. I just can't stand not knowing what happens once it's over. I loved the ending to Charmed. The last episode was a review of the rest of their lives.. it gave me closure. And then I watched the whole series 3 more times, and still cried.
   Ian says I just have bad taste in television, but I get bored watching his silly educational TV. I don't want to learn, I want to bond with these people, we are sharing life stories, they know me. This is our quality time.
   Sometimes I think having internet access is bad for my health, good thing for me the business requires it, and Ian is more obsessed than me and couldn't survive without it. So I justify it by finding useful stuff, like tonight's dinner, which promises to be amazing, and all is right in my world. Now, please excuse me... I told myself I would finish laundry before I could go back to watching.. and the dryer just beeped.. WHOOP WHOOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment