Monday, June 10, 2013

oh Reha.

   Not sure if I told ya'll or not, but while I was in the hospital Houdini Reha made her grand return.
   Oh, you know, nothing like poppin' out a kid and then finding out less than 24 hours later that your dog is wandering the neighborhood with your other dog in tow (you know the one who had literally just gotten home from having her junk removed).  Since then we learned that she destroyed her cage. We are talking broke the door beyond useability ( don't judge me- its a word). First she bent it outwards, Ian hammered it back .. Hammered.. did you catch that? he had to HAMMER it back. We rigged the cage so she could no longer push the door out and she outsmarted us by pulling it in. Finally she just broke the plastic off the cage that the pegs of the door fit into, rendering the door completely unattachable. JERK
   Without the option of a cage to put her in when leaving we were forced to leave her to roam the house when we are gone. I do a pretty good job of making sure the house stays clean, and that everything she might be interested in is put away before we leave.. and then she unlocked the deadbolt and crushed the door handle with her teeth. Again roaming the neighborhood...
   We are talking a round brass door knob that is no longer round in shape but more oblong.. not quite oval, with teeth marks all over it. she also opened the door to the closet and helped herself to a bag of dog food, and opened the bathroom door and helped herself to some trash. Cookie decided to join in on this party and took a dump in my hallway.
   I blocked all the doors and went out the side to meet a friend for brunch last week. . We had about a week of no destruction ... the mistake was trusting her.. She made up for lost time by shredding the cushion to my chair. it had a small hole to begin with, but when I came home and witnessed the death of my chair I was honestly too pissed to even do anything about it except walk back out the door and leave again. She had literally shredded the entire cushion cover and had little bits of fabric all over the house. The batting was demolished and the foam was missing chunks. Pretty sure I saw actual teeth marks in there.
   Needless to say we had to get some new furniture.. Not sure if I am diggin' it or not ( who knows that may be the trick to keep her from destroying it.. one can hope) as I can't figure out how to set up the living room in order to maximize space in a weirdly shaped room. Mostly though I am just determined to deliver payback... REHA IS GETTING FIXED!!!!!!!!!!.. you destroy my comfy chair, I have your junk removed.. tit for tat... take that jerkface... and I shall shame you by posting pictures of you with a stupid cone on your head.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like she could have separation anxiety. Maybe your vet could offer some tips on how to break her out of it. http://dogs.about.com/od/dogbehaviorproblems/a/sep_anxiety.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that is the problem. I have tried all of the non medicated suggestions, and the one thing that the vet told us to try was benedryl. We have tried that and it worked for a bit but now its pretty ineffective. I think we may have to finally break down and get her a prescription for a heavy duty medication. The issue is that she would have to get it every time we leave, if its for an hour or the whole day..

    ReplyDelete