Friday, June 28, 2013

Ellie (no)Pants

   How many of you have met Ellie?  For all that just silently answered "I" ( I mean if you answered out loud that's cool too.. but no need to over achieve) you are aware that she is a nut. I say this with all the love in the world. For a mama who hoped and prayed for 3 boys, I would never even think of trading her in. Except perhaps for brief moments in the day when her stubborn attitude and overflowing charisma overwhelm me. She has thrown me for so many loops that I was just never prepared for.
   If you have children or even know someone close to you who does you are aware that pregnant women get an over abundance of information when they are expecting. Everything from peoples opinions on how often to feed and where your child should sleep. I was even warned about who would be harder to potty train and how they would get along. For whatever reason a pregnant belly seems to bring out the opinionated public. Here however is something nobody says out loud to you..

   Your kid is going to take their clothes off everywhere.

   I just did all of you childless readers a favor ( except my neighbors... they have learned so many things since we moved here last year ) You may not know it yet, but its true. Ellie... she is probably the worst offender. The amount of times a week I have to say "you can not go outside without underwear on"  is probably a world record. I should honestly call Guinness. A few weeks back she strolled outside in absolutely nothing but a pair of pink Crocs. Priorities people.. we have a gravel driveway, she knows that is no fun on bare feet.
   I guess we let her get away with it at first because she was potty training and it was just easier, but then again she never really liked clothing before and just ran around in a diaper. She refuses to wear clothes to bed.. its a Pull-up and that's it. But the hardest part is trying to keep the clothes together. It seems that as soon as we walk in she leaves a trail of clothes through the house. I can NEVER find her underwear, I mean unless I am moving the furniture around in which case I find 3 pair shoved behind the couch.
   Not sure if she does this on purpose or they just end up there, but its super annoying. I am sure its amusing for my visitors.. I can't tell you how many times Ellie has pushed open the door while I was talking to the delivery guy and her dimply butt is just hanging out. Yesterday we were at a friends house when Ellie walks up to tell me something and I realize she is wearing nothing but a t-shirt.
   How on earth do you keep a stubborn 2 year olds clothes on when she has made up her mind that she is not going to wear them? The best part is that she is so goofy about it. She is free, and happy. and can easily convince anyone to help her remove her clothing by making up some reason why it must be done and then running.
   Ever seen that commercial with the dad dipping his kids feet in a pan of white something or other when the wife walks in and they explain that they were tired of their socks stretching out? She then pulls out some new socks and walks away. I wonder if they would be willing to tell me what substance he used.. My daughter could use some permanent underwear, because if I have to tell her to find some underwear and stop shaking her butt at me one more time, I might explode. But at least she doesn't drop her pants and pee in the middle of the front yard like JT. Count your blessings??

No comments:

Post a Comment