Wednesday, July 10, 2013

All the reasons I should have gone to bed earlier

   I should have taken Ellie resetting Pet Rescue Saga when I was at level 43 as a sign to go back to bed. . . at least then I may have had more energy to deal with screaming kids, a sore throat, pounding headache, the dogs destruction and a clingy baby.
   The morning started well enough if you don't count having to restart my game. I can let that slide really.. it's just a game that I play while nursing or when I cant sleep. I met 2 ladies from yard sale sites at Buy Buy Baby to purchase some diapers and a carseat stroller. Porter seems to be outgrowing things faster than I expected, like my arm muscles. Couldn't beat a $20 stroller to save me from having a dislocated shoulder from carrying around a carseat with an already 16 lb baby in it.
   After that we went to Chick-fil-a to waste some time before my gym appointment. the gym was fabulous. I needed a good workout, although if anyone has any fun workout songs they would like to share my playlist could use some vamping. Picking the kids up from the KidZone was where things started going down hill. I walk in to hear Porter screaming, apparently I missed them paging me, and there was an accident report for JT, as another kid hit him in the eye.
   He is fine, but apparently this little girl straight decked him for no reason. . not going to lie I wanted to laugh. While feeding Porter in the parking lot Ellie decided to take my slightly messy van and add her own style... she dumped everything she could find and fought with JT. The plan was to come home and let her nap so I could put together my shopping list and sit down for something hot to drink to ease my scratchy throat. . . except Reha happened.
   As I pulled in the drive I noticed the foretelling sign of Reha doom. . . my front door was open just a bit. Not fully, just enough that it takes you a second to notice. Immediately I back out of the driveway and visit the house 2 doors down that she frequently visits on her escapes. Unfortunately she wasn't there. . but she did come running to me after I called her. Must have been just after her break to freedom. As if I was not angry enough that she had left the house again ( through a dead bolted door I might add) I came home to a pleasant surprise.
   The carpet from the front door half way down the hallway had been torn back. She broke part of my fridge handle ( which had I not used masking tape to keep her out of may not have happened) and she ripped one side of my tree limb curtain rod straight out of the wall, leaving behind a nice hole in the wall that I will have to patch and paint... Oh. before I left (a mere 4 hours before) I had given her 3 benedryl. . Oh how I long for her drug tolerance, 'cause I would be in a coma.
   The neighbor was nice enough to come save my day (as a fire fighter I am sure he would have rathered not have to rescue my sanity on his day off) and help me rip up the carpet and tack strips so that my children did not step on them with bare feet.. or in Ellie's case bare anything. Underneath we discovered something unfortunate, linoleum, which means in order to tile it we are going to have to replace the sub-floor. boooo. A super big sarcastic thanks to the previous home owners who loved to half-ass projects.
   Hours later, and a hefty mop job we have an intermediate entry way that matches nothing in our house. But here I am, pounding headache, 2 hours of dog crate research, no grocery list or meal plan and a clingy baby in my lap leaving me with one hand to use for typing. Its after 8 and the husband just walked in to save me from the kids who have not stopped screaming and fighting since around 3.
   My hope is to go soak in the tub that is only half caulked and to avoid looking in any other room that might remind me of the state of disarray my house is in right now. After that soak I plan to rest and pray to wake up healthy and without the hatred I feel for my dog right now.
   my advice for you for the day may not be wise, and I will take it back after my bath.. but it's Stay kid and pet free... just trust me.

   In an effort to end on a happy note:  here's a picture of my clingy chunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment