Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Things That Go Bump

   With Ian being a Service Technician there are often times where he is "on call". Even when he is not, since he is a remote tech for a shop based in Baltimore MD, sometimes the on call tech will call him to run something that he can get to much faster than they can. While that stinks for me, I do feel for the other techs wives, since sometimes they are the ones whose husbands have to leave in the middle of the night so that mine doesn't.
   Tonight was one of those nights. After looking forward to the Season Premiere of Suits for almost 6 months, I sat watching alone tonight. DVR is a magical thing, but just because Ian was feeling nice tonight did not mean that I was going to miss it. As I sit sipping my Moscato all I hear besides the glorious world of television are the sounds of Porter's swing going click click click. Since I finally got him to sleep somewhere other than my arms, I did not have it in me to cross the room and turn it off, despite his batteries not being strong enough to move him more than an inch side to side, for fear of it disrupting him and having to rock him for another half an hour.
   Once Suits concluded I turned the TV off in order to not allow myself to get sucked in to something I had no original intent to watch, and decided that I would spend my time waiting for my dear husband to get home with my WaWa sub by taking a bath and picking up around the house. . .  But you know what?? Silence has revealed a few strange things to me tonight.
   Firstly, all of my children mumble in their sleep. Ellie screamed out " NO Bub Bub, That's mine" in her sleep tonight while I was in the tub. {Bub Bub is Ellie's name for JT for those who don't know} Porter grunts and sighs loudly, and JT talks incoherently. I would love to say that these things are strictly a trait passed on from Ian, since I have already shared his weird sleeping habits with all of Internet-landia but I must confess that mostly it's me. Aside from the really strange and active dreams Ian has every couple months its actually rare for him to talk in his sleep. Maybe a mumble here and there, but generally he sleeps like a rock. A pillow stealing, blanket hog of a rock.
   I on the other hand, have frequently woken myself up mid perfectly enunciated sentence and been unable to stop myself from speaking the rest of it. It's kind of like that scene from the end of BeetleJuice, the part where Winona Ryder brings home good grades (or something of the like) and the ghosts agree to use her body to sing.. yeah it's just like that, except without the cool floating up in front of the stairs or dancing part, just the I can't control what's coming out of my mouth and it sounds stupid part. I have been known to sing as well. And since that is not a pleasant sound in the daylight waking hours, just imagine what happens when there are no restraints of society or preservation of cool points.
   The second thing I realized is that my fridge makes a noise every so often that remarkably resembles Chewbacca. Which is then followed by a more quiet glug glug glug. Since I was alone I attempted to communicate with it. It didn't work, but it did make me think again, for the millionth time how grateful I am that there is no nanny cam in my house. And reminded me to check that the webcam is always off.. things could get awkward.
   Sadly I think my talking to the stupid leaking fridge would be one of the least embarrassing things I could be caught doing while alone, for instance reenacting the sliding through the hallway scene from Saved By the Bell, or dancing ,like a buffoon to Miley Cyrus in an attempt to cheer up my children, and walking into walls.. it happens almost weekly and even alone I try to play it off like it didn't happen.. because at that moment I always remember the conversation I had with friends after watching Deja vu... and then I have a mind rant about what if the government and scientist really do go back in time and the moment that I had sitting in front of Starbucks today waiting on a lady to sell me a bird cage really had already happened....
   And with that I am off to have strange dreams... night ya'll


 Or good morning cause most of you should be in bed already.

No comments:

Post a Comment