Monday, July 29, 2013

Crafty Time and going a little overboard

   I am naturally a crafty person, it is something I have always enjoyed. I remember when I was in elementary school sneaking into the shed when my dad was not home to get his plaster and use it in whatever make shift mold I could find, then I would paint it and hide it somewhere in my room.
   Whenever I am feeling blue I get the urge to make something. And every once in a while I go a little overboard and bite off more than I can chew. For instance this week. I am currently sanding and staining a dresser. The goal is an aged look and it is about halfway done. So far I am pleased with all but one drawer and depending on how the rest goes I may sand it down and try again.   I also took on repainting my downstairs bathroom and plan on adding shelves to the back wall. I have 3 walls done and the back wall is waiting for me to decide the exact shade I am going for so I can purchase the wood for the shelves and get going there. I am also redoing JT's room. For his birthday we are giving him a fun superhero themed room. His room has been undecorated save one picture and a wall decal since we moved in. I think its about time that he gets something fun in there, and since he loves to play by himself sometimes I think he deserves to have some space to himself.
   In addition to all of this I am knitting a blanket for my friend Krista's baby. I have not told her yet, but since she is reading this.... It may not be done in time for your delivery.. I still have to plan JT's party this weekend =) I also decided today that the blog needs a bit of a makeover.
   I am not sure what possessed me to take all of this on when you all know that my floors are currently lacking in a few areas, but I think that I just got tired of sitting around staring at half completed rooms. I will not however turn down any offers for help, lol , as I have not completely lost my mind.. yet.
   In the meantime I have been going to the gym on a regular basis and am getting back in the game when it comes to my and Ian's side business. I mean the money for all this fabulousness has to come from somewhere . besides I have nothing else going on right?
   Now.. who wants to come occupy my children? No? What about a salvation Army drop off? Craigslist posting for me.. ok fine. I will re evaluate my to do list to incorporate the grocery shopping and bills.. and hopefully a shower. Because today I spent the time when all of my children were sleeping on cleaning diapers.. Ok maybe I have lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment