Thursday, February 28, 2013

Holy Stress Relief

   It's been a fabulous week. Honestly. I have been under a lot of stress lately, with court looming over my head and a 3 hour glucose test to take, my thyroid is off and we had some things to straighten out with health insurance to insure that my pregnancy and delivery were going to be covered. Lots of money threatening to be owed and very little I could do except submit paperwork . . and wait. . . and have blood work done, which if you know anything about me means tears.
   Insurance is taken care of and the glucose test is tomorrow... (insert groaning and shuttering here). Court though was my most feared and dreaded part of all this stress. To simplify- VCU was suing me for a semester of classes that I did not attend. I attempted to withdraw from the classes and somewhere along the line paperwork was not filed properly. VCU states that it was my responsibility, I argued that I did my part. Unfortunately the e-mails needed to prove that were deleted from their system and unrecoverable, so I had to do my best to provide enough evidence for a judge to agree with me. It was tough, and I cried alot, and I yelled at my husband a few times. The whole process started almost a year ago. In September I won the original case, Commonwealth of Virginia decided to appeal and drag me through months of more paperwork, emails, calls and drives to Richmond, but the date was today. After several months of panic attacks and lost sleep I have won.
   After all was said and done a grand total of almost $14,000 was at stake. I was so relieved to simply have this trial over, having shook the entire time and felt like I was going to hurl all over the witnesses, that I was crying before it registered to me that I had actually won. I shook hands with the attorney and walked out of the room with tears streaming down my face. I have learned a very valuable lesson though. Never ever ever trust that something is taken care of by word of someone without keeping proof when your butt and salary are on the line.
   So far this week we have received some good news on the part of my little sister, who as most of you know was recently paralyzed from the waist down during a surgery on her back. She has made a few minor improvements, and at this point any and all improvements are considered a huge step and a great sign that one day she may recover from this. I know so many of you have been keeping her in your prayers and I am tremendously grateful to each of you for your support. I believe that she will carry on with her life, and that this speed bump will not stop her from whatever she puts her stubborn mind to.
  While driving north on Wednesday (the day I had Ian take off work because I THOUGHT that was the day of court, luckily he caught my error at 11 pm Tuesday) the rear wheel bearing blew on Ian. Just over $500 later we can pick the car up tomorrow. They had to replace the whole spindle and he was very lucky to not have wrecked our car as it jerked him across the lane on 95. I am thankful that he is safe, and also that he was the driver that day and not me. Being a service technician his field requires that he drive a lot. Driving all over VA and MD daily he was able to handle the car and pull into a shop. He did still receive great news that day, but that is news I will let him share.
   Overall, despite a few small rearrangements in plans, I am a much less stressed person this evening. With any grace I will be receiving good news on the Glucose test and since I already received confirmation on the insurance that we are good to go I can finally stop stressing about so many other things and get ready to have this baby. Maybe now I can stop dreaming (or having nightmares) about court and blood work and diabetic menus and instead dream about more fun things, like vacations, and what Porter will look like and yummy food. mmmmm I should Pinterest some goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment